Microfinance Coordinator - Cambodia
Vacancy for: Micro Finance Project Coordinator
Based: Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
How to apply: Use ‘Apply’ button on this page. Please do not send applications by email.
At Projects Abroad, we’re passionate about travelling with a purpose. We love travel, and we love making a positive difference in communities around the world. We run projects in dozens of countries, where we send volunteers to help with anything from medicine and healthcare to education and conservation.
We don’t just dream about making a difference in the world. We do it every day.
Projects Abroad Cambodia is looking for a Short Term Coordinator to help supervise the Micro Finance Project. We are looking for friendly, adaptable, working well in team, approachable, hardworking.
Your role as Project Coordinator:
- Liaise daily with the Project Manager
- Conduct workplace introductions for Micro Finance volunteers, and ensure they are comfortable at all times
- Maintain effective communication with the head office and other overseas offices when necessary
- Assist in the selection, training, education, business planning, contract, monitoring and support of Micro Finance beneficiaries to ensure that the beneficiary becomes financially independent and repays loan
- Participate in weekly meeting with each beneficiary, and assist to solve any potential problems
- Visit small businesses and collect repayments
- Keep records of all loans and payments appropriately
- Take the decision together with a Projects Abroad volunteer and Khemara representative on which potential beneficiaries to grant a loan and how much
- Establish a monthly financial report with details of each beneficiary and the global status of Micro Finance finances
- Develop strategies to ensure that placement activities are worthwhile for volunteers
- Take volunteers to a hospital when sick
- Inform the Project Manager immediately if any issues arise by volunteers
- Translation of Micro Finance documents and training sessions
You should be:
- A Cambodian citizen
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written.
- Physically fit and able to pass a medical assessment, if necessary.
- Experienced in a similar role, with at least 1 year's longevity (University graduate in a related field advantageous)
- Able to remain calm and efficient under pressure.
- An excellent communicator with people of all ages and cultures.
- Flexible and able to take direction and accept feedback.
- Friendly and personable with customer service skills, you must respond well to others.
- Enthusiastic to work in a different culture and relish the opportunity to work in a challenging environment.
The successful candidates will be employed on a 5-month contract. Start date: as soon as possible. An offer of employment is dependant upon receipt of satisfactory references, and two successful interviews.
To apply: please complete the online application form, and upload a CV and Cover Letter.