Dive Manager and Instructor - Thailand
Vacancy for: Dive Manager and Instructor
Based: Krabi, Thailand
How to apply: Use ‘Apply’ button on this page. Please do not send applications by email.
At Projects Abroad, we’re passionate about travelling with a purpose. We love travel, and we love making a positive difference in communities around the world. We have projects running in dozens of countries, where we send volunteers to help with anything from medicine and healthcare to education and conservation.
We don’t just dream about making a difference in the world. We do it every day.
We’re looking for an experienced Dive Instructor who can plan, coordinate and manage all diving related functions of Projects Abroad Thailand in Krabi.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Day-to-day operational management of the conservation project and provides the volunteers with support when they need it
- Organize all study material for potential volunteers prior to their arrival
- Meet volunteers and conduct thorough project training and ensure that they receive all necessary support
- Ensure all volunteers have a set schedule for their work
- Organize and update diving courses monthly (or as changes needed)
- Liaise with boat providers
- Conduct open water and advanced open water dive courses
- Organize project workshop training
- Develop the projects into a solid structure
- Manage emergencies at the project with conservation project manager
- Initiate new work placements when appropriate
- Manage monthly budget and expenses for project related activities
- Be available 24 hours, including weekends and holidays during an emergency rota
- Have at least 2 years' experience in diving
- Be a PADI certified dive instructor
- Be experienced working with culturally diverse population
- Be proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Internet
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Have the ability to work under pressure, meet short deadlines and multi-task
- Have strong interpersonal skills
- Be analytical and have problem solving skills
- Have excellent organizational skills
You will be hired under a permanent contract, after passing a three-month probationary period. An offer of employment depends on a personal interview and satisfactory references.
To apply, please complete the application form and upload:
- A two-page CV clearly outlining your relevant experience to this role
- A one-page cover letter, telling us why you’re perfect for this role
Start Date: as soon as possible.