Junior Content Creator - South Africa
Vacancy for: Junior Content Creator
Based: Cape Town, South Africa
How to apply: Use ‘Apply’ button on this page. Please do not send applications by email.
Projects Abroad employees are welcome to apply. To do so, please provide your company email address.
We’re expanding our digital content team in Claremont, Cape Town, and we’re looking for a Junior Content Creator to help promote our projects and the work done by our volunteers around the world. This is an entry-level role, and it’s an excellent opportunity to develop a portfolio and to gain experience working for an international organisation with offices across the globe.
Working directly with the Digital Marketing Manager and our teams worldwide, you will help create and manage content across the organisation’s websites. This will include:
- Ensuring that our websites are up to date, including web copy, pictures and videos
- Helping develop content campaigns that will appeal to a wide target audience across multiple channels
- Selecting and creating social media content (especially for Facebook)
- Monitoring and interacting on various social media accounts
- Writing news articles, blog posts, press releases, brochures and other digital and print materials
- Managing internal image and video galleries, as well as reference materials
- SEO monitoring and improvement
You'll also help with responding to questions from volunteers on social media, email and telephone.
- Be a South African citizen or hold a valid work permit
- Have a three-year university degree
- Speak and write English to a native level
- Be an excellent writer. Experience in online content creation would be preferable.
- Be reliable, pro-active and flexible
- Be interested in gaining experience in content creation and digital marketing
- Be interested in travel
- Enjoy working with people from all over the world
Contract, salary and benefits:
You will be employed on a permanent contract, subject to a three-month probationary period. An offer of employment is dependent upon receipt of satisfactory references and personal interview.
Salary & benefits
You will be paid a competitive salary as well as agreed day-to-day work-related expenses; the exact salary depends upon your experience and will be discussed with you during the interview.
Are you interested?
Great! We want to hear from you.
Please send us:
- A one-page cover letter telling us why you are the ideal candidate for the role
- A one-page CV highlighting the experience and qualifications relevant for this role, and any links to examples of your work.