Norwegian Content Creator - South Africa
Vacancy for: Norwegian Content Creator
Based: Cape Town
How to apply: Use ‘Apply’ button on this page. Please do not send applications by email.
At Projects Abroad, we’re passionate about travelling with a purpose. We love travel, and we love making a positive difference in communities around the world. We run projects in dozens of countries, where we send volunteers to help with anything from medicine and healthcare to education and conservation.
We don’t just dream about making a difference in the world. We do it every day.
We’re looking for a Norwegian Content Creators to help us produce content for our various communication platforms in order to help inspire potential volunteers to join one of our projects. You’ll be based in Cape Town, and you’ll work closely with the Norwegian Country Director based in Norway.
- Working closely with our teams in worldwide, you will create exciting, mostly digital, content for our Norwegian market.
- Ensuring website is up to date including web copy, pictures and videos
- Creating content campaigns that will appeal to a wide target audience across multiple channels including video, banner advertising, pictures and referral marketing
- Email Newsletters (writing and selecting photos)
- Brochures and Other Printed Materials
- Social Media (Facebook Updates and advertising)
- Press Releases
We may ask you to take on additional marketing tasks to aid in areas like sales, alumni work and administration.
- Have a three-year university degree
- Be a native Norwegian speaker
- Be currently living in South Africa
- Be fluent in English, spoken and written
- Be an excellent writer. Experience in online content creation would be preferable
- Be Interested in travel and international service work
- Have experience in marketing
- Be reliable, self-reliant and flexible
Contract, salary and benefits:
You will be employed on a permanent contract, subject to a three-month probationary period. An offer of employment is dependent upon receipt of satisfactory references and personal interview.
We may be able to support you with the application of your work permit or change of your current work permit.
Salary & benefits
You will be paid a competitive salary as well as agreed day-to-day work-related expenses; the exact salary depends upon your experience and will be discussed with you during the interview. You will also have a chance to visit our projects in the Cape Town area to get first-hand experience.
To apply, please fill in the online application form and provide a two-page CV and a cover letter.
Projects Abroad is the leading volunteer organization recruiting young people from the UK, Europe, USA, Canada, Australia, and Japan to do worthwhile voluntary work overseas.
Annually we send over 10,000 enthusiastic volunteers to 28 developing countries to teach conversational English and to gain work experience in the fields of medicine, journalism, veterinary science, law and conservation.
To recruit our fee-paying volunteers we use a variety of offline and online marketing measures.