Operations Manager - South Africa
Vacancy for: Operations Manager
Based: Cape Town, South Africa
How to apply: Use ‘Apply’ button on this page. Please do not send applications by email.
Your role as an Operations Manager:
The role involves assisting with planning and coordinating the administrative and operational direction of Projects Abroad South Africa. The main objective of this role is to ensure the operational functions are seamlessly well planned and managed. The role also involves deputising for the Country Director in absence.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist Country Director with project planning and implementation
- Interlocutor for all destination specific information and maintain clear and timely communication with Volunteer Advisors
- Maintain effective communication between the country Director, main office and our host families and transport teams
- Working closely with Office Assistant and Volunteer Coordinators to ensure induction times are correct
- Airport Transfers, liaising with the driver- keeping any changes up-to date and accurate 24 hrs a day
- Complete risk assessments for projects and specific groups
- Updating project information with changes, photos and notes
- Being on Call on certain weekends
- Manage the planning, preparation, scheduling, budgeting and support of volunteer groups in combination with Summer Staff
- Airport and host family budgets and assisting with overall budgets
- Assisting with volunteer problems or project complaints
- Ensure all relevant information sources including Tagos and Wiki are kept up to date.
- Any other duties assigned and directed by the Country Director
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written
- Computer literate
- Proven ability to formulate and implement operational plans and report on results
- Proven ability to plan and execute projects for a culturally diverse group
- Ability to work with databases and spreadsheets, especially in budgeting
- Flexible and able to take directions and accept feedback
- Tact and diplomacy, you must respond well to others
- An excellent communicator with people of all ages and cultures
- Additional languages, especially French will be an advantage
- A University degree or course in Project Management is preferable but not a requirement
You will be offered a permanent contract, subject to passing a three-month probationary period. A job offer is dependent upon a successful interview and satisfactory references.
To apply, please complete the online application form and provide:
- A one-page cover letter explaining why you would be perfect for this role.
- A two-page CV highlighting your relevant experience