SEO Specialist - Freelance
Vacancy for: SEO Specialist (Freelance)
Based: Africa or Europe preferably
How to apply: Use ‘Apply’ button on this page. Please do not send applications by email.
Projects Abroad's mission is to provide the gold standard of support and safety, so our volunteers and interns can fulfill their potential, discover themselves and create positive change in the world.
Projects Abroad is the world's largest international volunteering and internship provider, recruiting young people from all over the world.
We’ve been running projects and sending volunteers/interns all over the world for 25 years. We have sent over 115,000 enthusiastic volunteers to 29 countries to volunteer and gain work experience in the fields of teaching, medicine, journalism, veterinary science, law and conservation.
We are looking for a SEO Specialist to be responsible for assisting the SEO Manager with implementing and monitoring SEO across multiple Projects Abroad websites. You will also help advise on content across various platforms (blog posts, websites, landing pages created specifically for SEO purposes, and more) and non-technical SEO.
This role involves working directly with our UK office and other offices around the world to advise on SEO. You will help with tasks such as keyword research, building keyword lists and maps, setting priorities and deadlines, making sure that offices working on SEO are on track to make these deadlines, and that every office is in line with our overall SEO and marketing strategies.
The SEO Specialist will also need to be on top of the latest SEO news and monitor any developments and trends.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Keyword research (using multiple tools, such as Keyword Planner and Keyword Explorer)
- Creating and maintaining keyword lists and keyword maps
- Optimizing meta-data
- Traffic monitoring and recommendations
- SEO audits and competitor research
- SERP-ranking monitoring
- Recommending new pages
- Recommending improvements to existing pages
- Keeping up to date with the latest developments and trends in SEO
- Setting deadlines and making sure they are kept
- Assisting the SEO Manager with various tasks related to SEO
- Hold a Bachelors’ degree with writing background (ideally)
- Preferably have some experience in digital marketing and working in the field of SEO
- Be proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and internet
- Have intermediate knowledge of Google Analytics
- Be proficient in the use of SEO tools like Keyword Planner, Moz, Raven Tools, Majestic
- Have experience working within a culturally diverse environment.
- Have excellent written communication skills and good oral communicator with people of all ages and backgrounds
- Have the ability to work under pressure, meet short deadlines, and multi-task
- Be innovative and self-motivated, relishing a new challenge
- Be able to remain calm and efficient under pressure
- Be a team player who enjoys working as part of a team and ability to work effectively independently
Freelance Self-Employed Contractor role.
Are you interested?
Please fill in the application form and include:
• A one-page cover letter telling us why you are the ideal candidate for the role
• A CV highlighting the experience and qualifications relevant for this role