Dentistry Elective Placements in Sri Lanka
- Placement locations: Panadura
- Role: To gain experience from local staff and add to your previous dentistry training
- Requirements: You must be currently studying at university for a degree in Dentistry. If you are not a student please go to our standard Dentistry project in Sri Lanka page
- Type of placement: Hospitals
- Accommodation: Host family
- Price: From
- What’s included? Qualified supervisor, food, accommodation, transfers to and from our specified airport, transport to and from work where required, insurance, personal webpage, induction and orientation, 24/7 support
- What’s not included? Flights, visa costs, spending money
- Length of placement: From 4 weeks
- Start dates: Flexible
If you choose to take your Dentistry Elective in Sri Lanka you will experience the dental profession in a beautiful country but one where facilities will not be to the level you are used to. You will learn a lot about dental practice in a developing country.
Projects Abroad will liaise with your university and ensure your objectives for your elective module are achievable at the placement. Our in-country staff are on hand for all pre-departure queries and paperwork, and will support you through your stay.
While you are in Sri Lanka you will have a supervisor, a qualified dentist, who will be keen for you to gain as much as possible from your time in Sri Lanka. They will discuss specific cases with you and answer your questions.
Options for Elective Students
We work with a government hospital in the coastal town of Panadura, where you will be placed in the dentistry department. You will be learning from staff who are very experienced at providing all aspects of dental healthcare.
Previous students have also taken part in outreach programmes providing general oral health care to children in outlying communities.
While undertaking your Dentistry Elective in Sri Lanka you will live with a host family who will show you true Sri Lankan hospitality. There is a lot to in Sri Lanka and a vibrant volunteer community to experience it with during your time off.
Please be aware that most universities have deadlines by which time your Elective application paperwork must be completed. If your university needs information on the hospital or clinic in which you will be placed, or requires forms to be signed by your project supervisor, we strongly advise completing our application form at least one month before this deadline. We can only provide this detailed information once you have applied and been accepted onto an Elective placement with us.
If you have any questions please call us on 021 671 7008.