Volunteer Physiotherapy Projects in Morocco
- Placement location: Rabat
- Role: To provide care and support for the children whilst working alongside trained local staff
- Types of placements: Schools and day care centres for children and young adults with disabilities
- Requirements: Volunteers must have completed at least one year of Physiotherapy related studies or training, and speak French or Arabic to an intermediate level
- Accommodation: Host family
- Price: From
- What’s included? Food, accommodation, transfers to and from our specified airport, transport to and from work where required, insurance, personal webpage, induction and orientation, 24/7 support
- What’s not included? Flights, visa costs, spending money
- Length of placement: From 2 weeks
- Start dates: Not available during July, August and September
Volunteering in Morocco in the field of physiotherapy will allow you the opportunity to experience the profession in another culture. Facilities may not be up to the standard you are used to and you may have to be creative in your approach to the job. Volunteers are placed in schools and day care centres for children and young adults who have varying degrees of disabilities.
To take part in this placement, you must have completed at least one year of studies in physiotherapy. You will need to have a good level of conversational French or Arabic. This project is not available from mid-June to mid-September.
Options for Physiotherapy Volunteers
We work with a day care centre for children aged 3 – 12 years old, who have a variety of learning and physical disabilities. The centre provides a range of different therapies for the children and has a small animal area and gardens for the children. It’s a supportive environment in which to work, where the children thrive.
Volunteers are also placed at a school for girls with mental disabilities aged 6 – 15 years old. The aim is to develop independence and integration into mainstream society. At either of these placements, your role will be valued and you will contribute to improving the daily lives of the children.
While you are in Morocco you will stay with one of our local host families. They will welcome you like part of their family. You can spend your free time with our active Projects Abroad volunteer community and explore the area with them.
You can read more detailed information about the aims of the project in our Morocco Medicine & Healthcare Management Plan.