Volunteer Physiotherapy Project in Samoa
- Placement location: Apia
- Role: To help provide treatment for disabled children or injured patients
- Requirements: Must be in your final year of studies
- Types of placement: Centres for disabled children, Rugby Academy
- Accommodation: Host family
- Price: From
- What’s included? Food, accommodation, transfers to and from our specified airport, transport to and from work where required, insurance, personal webpage, induction and orientation, 24/7 support
- What’s not included? Flights, visa costs, spending money
- Length of placement: From 4 weeks
- Start dates: Flexible
A Physiotherapy placement with Projects Abroad in Samoa is ideal for physiotherapy students and graduates looking to gain experience abroad and use their skills to help others.
Our Physiotherapy projects in Samoa are based at centres for disabled children in and around Apia. There is a severe lack of physiotherapists in Samoa, which means that many disabled children and adults are not receiving the treatment they need. With your skills and knowledge, you will be able to make a positive impact on your patients’ lives and your efforts will be greatly appreciated by their caregivers.
Physiotherapy volunteers must be in their final year of physiotherapy studies or training before joining this project. There are likely to be no trained physiotherapists working at the centres, so volunteers will need to be comfortable working independently with minimal supervision.
Volunteering as a Physiotherapist in Samoa with Projects Abroad
We have a variety of placements for Physiotherapy volunteers in Samoa. Your placement will be determined by your area of specialisation. You can be placed at Loto Taumafai or Fiamalamalama, which are centers for disabled children, or the Rugby Academy, where you will work under the supervision of the team’s head physiotherapist. If you have a preference, please let us know when you apply.
During your time on the Physiotherapy project in Samoa, you will work from Monday to Friday. You will have the weekends free to explore your surroundings and spend time socialising with other Projects Abroad volunteers
If you have qualifications or experience in this field then we can make use of your skills. Read more about the opportunities for skilled physiotherapists in Samoa.